Friday, June 5, 2009

What Happens on a Feng Shui Consultation?

Hello Mates,

I get this question all the time. What can I expect when I have a home or office feng shui consultation?  Every feng shui practitioner is different so you have to ask what they are going to do to see if it fits into your needs and expectations.  Generally, there are two broad categories of feng shui:  Compass school feng shui  and Form School feng shui.  Compass school style is based more on geometry and the use of directional feng shui.  Form School is more westernized and uses the Bagua Map based on the location of your front door.

Since I am also an interior decorator, I'm going beyond just applying good feng shui principles. I'm really looking at how you use color, the scale of your furniture in each room, good traffic patterns, clutter, organization, safety, comfort, and how your desires and intentions are reflected in your use of furniture, artwork and accessories.  Feng shui is largely based on your intentions, and having your possessions reflect your intentions allows you to have visible reminders of where you're going.  It's like a sticky note.  It keeps your attention to your goals.

I always do a 2 hour appointment and look at every room in the house and exterior environment.  It all counts in feng shui.  I also rearrange furniture right on the spot if I think it needs it and the client is game for it.  Then they can see the transformation.

In all cases, you should be completely satisfied with your consultation, and remember, feng shui is not a one time appointment.  It's a lifestyle.  You have to continue to apply the principles, and continue to change your environment as your needs and desires change.  Your environment is a direct reflection of what is going on inside you, much like an environmental mirror.

For more information on feng shui, read my articles on my website at www.ggRedecorating.com.  Click on books and articles.

If you don't live in the Sarasota County area of Florida and still want a feng shui consultation, I do many phone consultations using photos and your floor plan.  You'll still get all the benefits and knowledge to apply good feng shui to your home or office.  Call me at 941 400-3816 or send me an email at ggRedecorating@yahoo.com.

Follow my daily feng shui tips on Twitter.  My tweeter name is FengShuiSimply.

Cheers,
Cheryl

No comments: