Monday, August 19, 2013

End of Summer Tips

Hello my friends,

I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer. When you live in Florida, the sunshine never really ends. But, I'm still in CA taking care of mom, and I'm starting to see some signs of fall.

I'm not going to lie. I'm feeling blue. I had hoped to be back in Sarasota working with my feng shui clients by my August birthday. It doesn't look to be the case.

So how do I combat the blues when the present moment lacks sunshine and bubbles? My childhood girlfriend Lorna picked me up the other day and we traveled to Walmart to buy some watercolor art supplies! I haven't painted since last year and I am a watercolor artist!

My new painting project? Bookmarks. I'm going to be painting one-of-kind bookmarks to go along with my new book, Feng Shui Simply. I will paint traditional vertical bookmarks and the magnet types. It is something creative to help me remain in the present moment without chewing my arm off!

Thank you all for your lovely comments and well wishes!

Cheryl
Do Purses pick up germs?
Head shotThe easiest way to clean your purse exterior!
 
Every time we set our purse down in a public bathroom, a restaurant or even at your doctor's office we pick up germs. To clean leather or faux-leather (not suede) purses, wipe them down with a hand-sanitizing towelette, then let it dry.

For a fabric purse, use a micro-fiber cloth or a terry towel dampened with plain old rubbing alcohol. (But not on silk or linens!!!)

In each case, test a small spot first. Now your purse will be germ free.
 
Short Walks for Optimum Health
Feng Shui Simply
 
Research shows that those who sit for 4 or more hours a day double their risk of cardiovascular problems, including stroke and heart attack, compared to those who sat less than 2 hours a day.

Even if you take a minute long walk every hour, you are getting closer to the 10,000 steps you should be taking every day for optimum health.

When I work from my home office, I manage to track only about 1500 steps in a day. That's because I'm mostly working from my office desk, either writing, booking Feng Shui consultations, or speaking with clients. 

But as soon as I'm at a feng shui appointment in a client's home, I'm tracking a dazzling 10,000+ steps!

Get yourself a step counter and wear it! You will see weight trickle off your body every time you reach the daily goal of 10,000 steps.
 
My master teacher, Terah Kathryn Collins, founder of the Western School of Feng Shui, has endorsed my book Feng Shui Simply and now has featured me as her August Illuminary to her fan base and on her website. I'm a Graduate of her prestigious school and I highly recommend her training program should you decide to pursue Feng Shui as a profession. Feng Shui has forever changed my life.

It is a huge honor. Thank you so much Terah!  You can check out my feature article and the Western School of Feng Shui by clicking here.

For more information on Cheryl, visit www.CherylGrace.com
 

No comments: